I suggest you ...

Avoid Flash and DISQUS like the plague!

If either of these bubonic pustules are lurking on your site, cut them out immediately. Adopt HTML5, fingerpainting, cuneiform or anything else besides these two. Remember, for web site navigation it first needs to work before it can be pretty.

6 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    bikeking8bikeking8 shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • MonicaMonica commented  · 

I get all kinds of fruity problems on mobile, and I've seen others comment on this too. I'm just using a standard Android browser on a Samsung Galaxy S3. No extensions.

• Dominik GschreiDominik Gschrei commented  · 

Well let's see. I have 2 systems. 1 notebook (i5 460m 8GB RAM) and my gaming Desktop (i7 920 overclocked to 3,3 ghz 12 GB RAM Nvidia GTX 660Ti)
        I had the problems both on Win 7 x64 and Win 8 x64.

In terms of browsers my main browser as stated is Opera 12.10 (won't touch the new one. What good is there in having a second Chrome installed) and Google Chrome.

The only extension I install in my browsers is Adblock+ but I tried it both with and without and it didn't make any difference.

Hope I could be of help.

• Dominik GschreiDominik Gschrei commented  · 

Especially disqus I'd really like to know which browser they use to validate their site. I can't get to that PoS to work properly in any ot them. In Opera I can't even post. I just won't let me. In Chrome when the discussion is longer and I load more comments it freezes the entire tab for about half a minute and I can't even interact with the site any more.
        It's ridiculous. Sure the diplay of the dialog structure is very nice. But what good is it, if it's got more bugs than Windows 95 and ME combined?

Also: please optimize your site so that it isn't such a f*ing resource hog. No other site bogs down my browser as much as Dtoid does. If I didn't like your editors so much I would have stopped coming a long time ago.

Feedback and Knowledge Base