I suggest you ...

Stop using Onswipe for mobile.

Please stop using Onswipe. Not only does Dtoid load slower (twice, in fact), functionality is hampered. As a way to facilitate viewing Dtoid on a mobile device, Onswipe is utterly redundant. Safari and Chrome are easily a match for their desktop cousins and almost every tablet in use today have the screen resolution to properly display Dtoid.

10 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    ESES shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • DanielDaniel commented  · 

I agree. I use feedly on my older android phone (a RAZR maxx HD Dev version), and whenever I try to view dtoid in the feedly browser, onswipe just doesn't load! Since its in the feedly browser, I can't set any cookies or disable it anywhere. Also, even on my new nexus 7 2nd gen, it presents a much slower and generally unenjoyable user experience.

• Joe alsfornJoe alsforn commented  · 

Put me down as a other user that hates OnsWipe. Absolutely annoying. Just give me the standard version and don't try and "optimize" it for me.

• ESES commented  · 

The problem with Onswipe (Or Dtoid's implementation of it) is that even on a tablet with a huge screen (an iPad in my case), you're forced to use its bastardization of the Dtoid site. A few taps here and there is fine if you're inside Safari or Chrome. But when I open Dtoid pages from within Pulse, Flipboard, AlienBlue, or some other app that doesn't necessarily store cookies, I get Onswipe. I love Dtoid but Onswipe is just revolting and takes away from the attractive simplicity of your site.

Feedback and Knowledge Base