I suggest you ...

Stop using Onswipe for mobile.

Please stop using Onswipe. Not only does Dtoid load slower (twice, in fact), functionality is hampered. As a way to facilitate viewing Dtoid on a mobile device, Onswipe is utterly redundant. Safari and Chrome are easily a match for their desktop cousins and almost every tablet in use today have the screen resolution to properly display Dtoid.

7 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    ESES shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • DanielDaniel commented  · 

I agree. I use feedly on my older android phone (a RAZR maxx HD Dev version), and whenever I try to view dtoid in the feedly browser, onswipe just doesn't load! Since its in the feedly browser, I can't set any cookies or disable it anywhere. Also, even on my new nexus 7 2nd gen, it presents a much slower and generally unenjoyable user experience.

• Joe alsfornJoe alsforn commented  · 

Put me down as a other user that hates OnsWipe. Absolutely annoying. Just give me the standard version and don't try and "optimize" it for me.

• ESES commented  · 

The problem with Onswipe (Or Dtoid's implementation of it) is that even on a tablet with a huge screen (an iPad in my case), you're forced to use its bastardization of the Dtoid site. A few taps here and there is fine if you're inside Safari or Chrome. But when I open Dtoid pages from within Pulse, Flipboard, AlienBlue, or some other app that doesn't necessarily store cookies, I get Onswipe. I love Dtoid but Onswipe is just revolting and takes away from the attractive simplicity of your site.

Feedback and Knowledge Base