I suggest you ...

Condense the Frontpage sidebar

05/25

I'm not too fond of where the section of the cblogs stand right now in the current layout of the FP. Looking at my scrollbar, it's almost at the very bottom of the page. Current sidebar layout is like this:

Ad
Top 10 Wanted Games
Previews
Latest Videos
Latest Podcasts
Opinion/Editorial
Ad
Cblogs

I believe that the cblogs are a valuable asset of this site that sets it apart form other game sites out there. So it pains me to see that fewer people are posting there recently. Among other reasons, I think its (lack of) presence in the FP has something to do with it. I for one find it discouraging to write a blog knowing that people will barely see it anyway.

The least we can do to remedy that is to make people aware that this part/feature of your site is a thing that actually exists.

The top games sections, I don't think it should even be there, or at the top of the list. Your vids and op/eds & reviews & podcasts (in that order, ideally) should definitely be at the very top, but maybe find a way to make them take up less space to accommodate for the other sections. The ones with the big preview images (ex. op/ed & vids), how about turn it into a scrolling gallery? (I don't know the proper term for it, but what I mean is something similar to the featured articles section that to be on the top of the page, where only one is shown at a time, then it moves to the next one after some time or when you click "next")

The entries & text could also be made smaller except for the latest one on each section.

I can make a mockup to make my point clearer if needed.

5 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)